Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Tuesday!! - Sister Gillett

December 17, 2013
Hey Family!!
Sorry that I worried you and I didn't write yesterday. Our p-days have been switched to Tuesdays for the rest of the month because we will be doing Facebook training on Mondays. That is the only day that the Family History Center is open to us and closed to the public. Yipee...We are back on Facebook. I can't really decide if I like it or not, but it is something inspired by the Lord. As soon as we get our ipads we will be spending an hour a day on Facebook. I have deactivated my previous account until after my mission so for now I will just be using my mission Facebook account.
We get our mail on pdays and Thursdays so it only takes a little while for us to get our mail.
GREAT NEWS!!! Ya remember that time that Sister J and I got a red light ticket... Our attorney won that case because the sun made it so that in the video you couldn't tell when the light turned red...SCORE!!! Tender mercy!! :) So now all we have to do is pay the attorney which is a LOT cheaper than paying the ticket :)
I had my first interview with President Bowen. It went really well and GUESS WHAT :) He said that Sister J and I get to stay together another transfer....I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! Sister J is so awesome and we have so much fun together!!  I am so grateful we get to spend more time together!!
We did service this week putting up Christmas lights for a member... We got sunburned!! Who would have guessed that it was going to be 75 degrees in the middle of December while we put up Christmas lights haha :) We had fun while doing it though!
We were able to get our most progressing investigator to a baptism some elders in our zone had this weekend. She really enjoyed it and it increased her curiosity more so she had a lot of questions for us which is so awesome. The Spirit was so strong and powerful and she definitely felt it!
We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday...They sure know how to throw parties here in Cali!! They had lots of different soups and stews and the best part... They had a hot chocolate bar!! It was awesome!!! They also had little crafts for the kids and a movie. The Bolsa Grande High School Chior came and sang some Christmas songs for us. They did a very beautiful job. Afterwards, Bishop and his family gave all 30 choir members a Book of Mormon...Go big or go home I guess haha :) We had a lot of less active and a few non members there so that was a great finding activity for us!
Our Bishop has given us an assignment to focus on one less active sister and one less active family. For the past few weeks we have been trying to visit the less active family with no luck...They are always home, but they never answer the door. So we just decided to leave little notes for them that have a little quote on them and a scripture. Guess what... On Sunday they came to church. Even the little things can encourage people to come back. Last week after the Christmas devotional we stopped by to see the less active sister. Just as we were walking up the stairs we could hear the Christmas devotional playing in her house. We got really excited to hear that she was watching it. We knocked..and knocked...and knocked with no luck. So we left her a note and asked her to call us. Later in the week she did and we were able to set up an appointment with her. She said that she didn't hear us knock because she had the tv up loud so that she could hear it downstairs in the craft room. She is such a sweet lady and we will be going back to visit her again soon.
On Sunday at church I heard the parable of the starfish. idk if you guys have ever heard it before so I will tell it to you.... Every morning after the tide goes back out there are starfish left of the beach. If they don't get back into the water they will die. There was a little boy walking a long the beach and gently picking up the starfish and throwing them back into the sea. A man walked up to the boy and said "What are you doing... There are thousands of starfish on this beach. You will never be able to save all of them. You will never make a difference." The little boy walked up to the next starfish picked it up threw it back into the sea and replied to the man "I made a difference for that one." As I related that to missionary work I am reminded that I can't help everyone, but I can make a difference for some. The Gospel is so amazing and it can change everyone's life. I know it is true and I love it so much!!
I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week! See you soon!! :)
Love, Sister Gillett

No comments:

Post a Comment